Do you have the unique ability to cultivate and grow both relationships and programs? Is it easy for you to connect with people, listen to their needs, and provide them great service? Are you gifted at seeing the bigger picture, connecting dots and seeing opportunities? Are you passionate about improving the quality of life in our communities, especially through urban forestry programs?
The Arbor Day Foundation seeks a Program Manager to lead our Urban Forestry programs. This position serves as an important link between existing and potential partners and our work together to further our mission. The Program manager proactively advocates for the growth and development of our high-impact urban forestry programs through a national network of partners. We are in search of an individual who can offer growth and innovation to our programs while also recognizing the importance of effective operations and management. The ideal candidate is exceptional at both relationship and program management, relentless at pursuing growth in programmatic impact, and knowledgeable about the world of Urban Forestry.
- Identify, solicit, and cultivate relationships with existing and potential new program partners through multiple communication methods and networking to advance the Foundation’s programs at a city, state, and national level.
Maintain dialogue with existing partners to ensure a high level of impact and success of the Foundation’s programs.
- Generate innovative ideas that will expand existing programs, increasing programmatic impact and audience diversity.
- Assume leadership responsibilities for specific programs, such as the Partners in Community Forestry National Conference program, to ensure milestones are accomplished.
- Collaborate on the development and implementation of a strategic communication plan for expanding National Programs.
- Develop PowerPoint presentations, handouts, proposals, and other resources that partners and the Foundation can use to communicate the benefits of the Foundation’s programs and engage program participants.
- Represent the Arbor Day Foundation at a wide-range of events including presentations, meetings, and media events to convey the Foundation’s mission to a diverse audience.
- Conduct research on potential program opportunities and relationships.
- Passion for the Foundation’s mission of tree planting and environmental stewardship.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Positive outlook and attitude.
- Self-starter who can work independently and as a member of a team.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
Click here to apply.