NC Trees & Storms: Readiness, Response & Recovery Workshop - Duplin County
Aug 24, 2021
8:30 am - 3:00 pm
The NC Urban Forest Council will be hosting three workshops for the NC Forest Service's Urban & Community Forestry Program, as part of their NC Trees & Storms program. The NC Trees & Storms: Readiness, Response & Recovery Workshops will be offered three times across eastern NC, so you will have three opportunities to learn how your community (& community trees) can be better prepared for future storm events.
- Tuesday, August 24, 2021 - Duplin County Cooperative Ext. Office in Kenansville, NC
- Wednesday, August 25, 2021 - Bertie County Cooperative Ext. Office in Windsor, NC
- Monday, August 30, 2021 - Nash County Cooperative Ext. Office in Nashville,NC
Storm events that damage trees are a regular event in NC. Some are wide scale disaster level events like hurricanes or ice storms. Most though are more localized like thunderstorms but they can be equally devastating to a community. As a municipality you are responsible for the tree damage cleanup and restoration. Trees & Storms: Readiness, Response and Recovery is a planning and implementation process that will help communities reduce tree storm damage, conserve the benefits trees provide and help ensure an efficient and effective response and recovery from tree damaging storm events. Join us for one of three full day workshops geared to local government planners and mangers, consultants, and green industry professionals.
Topics will include:
- NC Incident Command System and Resources
- Building an urban forestry incident response and management teams.
- Pre-Storm Tree Damage Mitigation
- Pre-Storm Planning – Organization, Documentation & Tree Work Related Service Contracts
- Pre & Post Storm Tree Inventories & Analysis
- Post-Strom Tree Damage Assessment
- Community Forest Recovery Planning
Scholarships will be made available to local government employees to help offset the registration cost. Simply fill out and submit the scholarship form below PRIOR to paying for registration out of pocket.
* ISA Certifed Arborist credits will be applied for*
Kenansville, NC - Duplin County Cooperative Extension Office
|Non-Member Early Fee Amount:||$20.00|
|Non-Member Late Fee Amount:||$20.00|
|Member Early Fee Amount:||$15.00|
|Member Late Fee Amount:||$15.00|