Asheville Carolina Canopy Workshop: Emergency Response & Aerial Rescue
Oct 14, 2022
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Tree climbers must know how to respond to an array of emergencies. Attend this unique Carolina Canopy Workshop at The Biltmore to polish your emergency response skills.
Phillip Kelly, a Certified Arborist and Certified Tree Safety Professional, will instruct workshop participants on emergency preparedness, readiness, and accident prevention using a mix of discussions and hands-on practice rounds. Download the workshop description to view the course's complete outline.
- Rescue, readiness and reality
- First aid and CPR review
- Risk assessment and scene management
- Extent and severity injury evaluation
- Self-rescue and working in isolation
- Climber extrication
- Rescuer ascent and worker positioning
- Participation is limited to 50 people.
- NCUFC will only cancel the workshop due to inclement weather. Please prepare for rain.
- Participants will caravaan to the workshop site, departing from the front gates at 8:00 a.m.
- Lunch will be provided.
CEU credits approved:
Society of American Foresters (registered forester) -- 7 credits
CEU credits pending approval:
International Society of Arboriculture (certified arborist)
1 Lodge Street, Asheville, NC 28803
|Non-Member Early Fee Amount:||$50.00|
|Non-Member Late Fee Amount:||$60.00|
|Member Early Fee Amount:||$35.00|
|Member Late Fee Amount:||$45.00|