Certified Arborist Prep Course & Review
Dec 14, 2022 - Dec 15, 2022
8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
What is the Arborist Workshop?
The Arborist Workshop offers a wide range of opportunities for members of the tree care industry.
- Practical professional development
- Exploration of timely topics with industry experts
- ISA credits and pesticide credits
- Informative updates on the latest in arboriculture research
- Innovative techniques and tactics for field success
- Effective preparation for the ISA Certification exam
Lunch will be provided.
Why pursue certification?
Certified Arborist recognition is given by the International Society of America to any individual who:
- Meets eligibility requirements to sit for the examination
- Successfully completes the exam
- Maintains the necessary number of continuing education units to recertify after three years
During this two-day course, participants will receive professional instruction to improve their technical competency as an arborist in the tree care industry. As sponsors of this prepratory course, the NC Urban Forest Council, NC Coooperative Extension, and Southern Chapter of ISA seek to accomplish the following objectives:
- Create incentives for nascent arborists to continue their professional development.
- Provide the public with a means to identify tree care professionals who have demonstrated trusted competency in tree care practices, through a professionally developed education program and exam.
- Installation and establishment
- Tree identification and selection
- Tree biology
- Soil and water relations
- Tree nutrients and fertilizer
- Tree risk assessment
- Cabling and bracing
- Insects and diseases
- Tree safety
Whether you choose to take the ISA Certified Arborist Exam or just attend the workshop as a refresher course, your involvement will keep your professional development on the fast track.
Course participants can sit for the certified arborist exam on 16 December from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Guilford County Cooperative Extension Office.
Register for the exam directly through the International Society of Arboriculture at their exam weblink. The exam is not included in the prep course registration.
Cost for the exam is $170 among ISA and Chapter members; $280 among non-members.
You must submit your examination application and fees at least 12 working days before your examination date.
If you have examination questions, contact the International Society of Arboriculture online or at (888) 472-8733.
Approved Continuing Education Unit crecits:
- International Society of Arboriculture (certified arborist) -- 12.25 CEUs
- Society of American Forester (registered forester) -- 10.5 Cat 1 / 1.5 Cat 2 CEUs
- NC Landscape Contractor Licensing Board -- 5 landscape CEUs
- NC Pesticide GNDX -- 1.5 CEUs
Guilford County Cooperative Extension Office, 3309 Burlington Road, Greensboro, NC
|Non-Member Early Fee Amount:||$125.00|
|Non-Member Late Fee Amount:||$125.00|
|Member Early Fee Amount:||$100.00|
|Member Late Fee Amount:||$100.00|
Arborist Certification Study Guide
If you are in need of a study guide for the Certified Arborist exam, please order one upon registration.